The muscles, tendons, and ligaments located in your neck work together to support your head and facilitate movement. Any inflammation, abnormalities, or injury can cause neck pain or stiffness. This can be frustrating and painful, and can even be a sign of a more serious condition. Chiropractic care can help with neck pain. At Armeli Chiropractic in Mendota Heights, MN, our chiropractor provides natural treatment solutions for neck pain and other ailments. We want to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Clicking and grating noises
- Dizziness and blackouts
- Muscle spasms
- Trouble turning the head
- Numbness and tingling in the forearm and fingers
- Pain and stiffness
- Headaches as a result of irritation of nerves connected to the head
- General soreness and stiffness
- Pain radiating from the neck towards the shoulders and arms
- Discomfort when sleeping
Symptoms of neck pain vary depending on the condition.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Neck stiffness can occur as a result of varied reasons. Your neck maintains flexibility and provides support to the weight of your head. This pressure exerted by your head's weight makes the neck susceptible to injuries, which later results in pain. These causes can include several conditions.
This is a condition that propagates muscle pain in the entire body, especially in the neck and shoulder region.
This condition weakens bones and can result in minor fractures. This condition mostly strikes the hands or knees but can also occur in the neck.
This condition propagates pain, inflammation in joints, and bone spurs. When this swelling occurs in the neck region, it can trigger neck pain.
The neck is susceptible to injury, especially in accidents, falls, and sporting activities where the ligaments and muscles get forced to move outside their normal range. If the neck bones get fractured, the spine may also get damaged. Neck injury from abrupt jerking of the head is commonly referred to as whiplash.
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor will look for the root cause of your pain and any underlying conditions. We will then create a treatment plan for you. This can include one or a combination of our techniques, such as:
- Spinal manipulation: This aligns the cervical vertebrae joints in the neck, suppressing pain.
- Spinal decompression: This method stretches the spine to reduce pressure in the neck.
- Therapeutic exercise: Neck exercises assist in building the tenacity of your neck muscles.
- Muscle stimulation: This improves blood flow in the neck muscles to promote healing.
- Trigger point therapy: This method will reduce tension in the neck muscles to alleviate pain.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Mendota Heights, MN for Neck Pain Relief
If you are suffering from neck pain, we can help. At Armeli Chiropractic in Mendota Heights, MN, our chiropractor provides natural and effective treatment methods for neck pain. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment.