Back pain is one of the most common ailments that people suffer from today. Back pain can happen to anyone for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, back pain can present itself in myriad of symptoms, often making it difficult to establish its real cause. At Armeli Chiropractic in Mendota Heights, MN, our team of experts can determine the cause of your pain and create a personalized treatment plan for you. Our techniques are natural, non-invasive, and drug-free.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back injuries can be caused by many different things. Back muscle sprains are mainly caused by lifting heavy objects at an awkward position, rupturing the ligaments and resulting in back pain. You can also feel back pain after car accidents, sports injuries, or bad posture throughout the day. Other probable causes of back pain include:
- Inflammation: Inflammation is a part of your body's natural immune response, but can culminate into discomfort and pain. When an injury or illness has caused inflammation, it can lead to soreness in your back and spine.
- Osteoporosis: This is a disease that causes bone mass to decrease significantly within your wrists and spine. This suppressed mass makes the bones weaker, leading to pain and fractures.
- Arthritis: This is a type of chronic inflammation that can affect the joints of your entire body, including your back. It's characterized by stiffness and swelling of your joints.
- Herniated discs: Discs are cushions of tissues that separate the bony vertebrae of your spine. When these discs bulge or move out of the correct position, they become painful and uncomfortable.
- Vertebral osteomyelitis: This is an infection of the vertebral body located in the spine. Symptoms include swelling, tenderness, and pain in the affected area.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Chiropractic techniques can have many benefits for your body, including relieving pain and inflammation. The best part is that chiropractors use drug-free, non-invasive methods, eliminating medication-related side effects like nausea, vomiting, and headaches. When you visit us, our chiropractor will use one or a combination of the below techniques to treat your back pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Our chiropractor will realign your spine, relieving nerve pressure. This action reduces pain and inflammation.
- Chiropractic massages: These aim to alleviate muscle or tissue-related pain. Our chiropractor applies gentle pressure on the affected area to relax muscles and promote self-healing.
- Physical therapy: Our chiropractor can provide you with multiple physical exercises to manage your pain naturally.
Start Your Back-Pain Treatment
If you are suffering from back pain, don’t wait to get help, because your condition could worsen. At Armeli Chiropractic in Mendota Heights, MN, our experts offer pain relief treatments and make sure that your condition does not reoccur. To schedule an appointment, call us today.